Metal Magicians Welding is currently interviewing. We have several openings for experienced certified metal fabricators.
Email your resume to:
WELDER / FITTER / FABRICATOR / IRON WORKER
Job Brief Description
Skilled metal fabricator/welder with the ability to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
· Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
· Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
· Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
· Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
· Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
· Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
· Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
· Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
· Maintain equipment in condition that does not compromise safety
· Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
· Professional certification (e.g. an AWS Welding Certificate)
· Proven experience as a metal fabricator/welder
· Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures. Fabricate, fit, complete structural welds using GMAW Mig Welding, GTAW Tig Welding, FCAW Flux-cored Arc Welding, SMAW Stick Welding, Oxygen/Acetylene Torch Welding, Plasma and Torch Cutting.
· Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings. Weld products according to blueprints, drawings, verbal instruction and customer specifications.
· Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
· Deftness and attention to detail
· Proficient in English
· Pre-Employment screening is a requirement prior to being considered for employment. Satisfactory completion of a drug screen and criminal record search will be required once a conditional job offer has been extended.
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)
Metal Magicians Welding, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Metal Magicians Welding, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Metal Magicians Welding, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Metal Magicians Welding, LLC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.